How to Fix Slow/Erratic Wi-Fi Problem in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?
- First, you need to install Wicd from Ubuntu Software Center.
- Search for Wicd network manager in Ubuntu Software Center.
- After Wicd installation is complete, search for ‘network-manager’ in Ubuntu Software Center and remove it before going any further.
- Now, open Wicd from Unity Dash (see screenshot above). Wicd will automatically detect the available networks around. Simply enter the credentials and CONNECT.
- And when you tick “Automatically connect to this network” option, Wicd will be added to your Startup Applications list. And you’re good to go.
- OR if you prefer command line, all you need to do is the following:
sudo apt-get install wicd sudo apt-get purge network-manager